bash crashes after update

Hi,

I updated cygwin to the lates version on my WinXP SP2 notebook with
all recent updates and encounter a stopping problem. bash starts to
crash during setup script execution and cygwin does not work any more.
Playing with the versions of cygwin1.dll etc. were no success. Does
anybody encounter similar problem? Does a workaround exist?

TIA

--
The fish that is singing in Ucayaly river...