Re: Problems installing/uninstalling

On 12/26/06, Paul Thompson wrote:
I have had recently considerable problems both installing and uninstalling
cygwin.

XP-pro box

Version: 2.510.2.2

1st try - downloaded all updates, and install from local disk
Install stops dead and does not proceed at

/etc/postinstall/01bash.bat

After this, I attempted to uninstall the entire package to reinstall fresh

At this point, uninstall hangs at

Running preremove script...
base-files

I attempted to delete the installed program by hand, but cannot delete bash.exe

Suggestions?

Paul A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Division of Biostatistics
660 S. Euclid, St. Louis, MO 63110
314-747-3793

paul@wubios.wustl.edu

--

First, reboot if you haven't already. Something may have open handles on bash.

For clues:
What if setup fails?  http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.setup-fails

To get it off your system so you can do a clean install:
How do I uninstall all of Cygwin?
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all

If bash still won't go away, check its permissions and ownership with
the Windows Explorer GUI.

After you get rid of everything, try running setup.exe again.

-Jason