This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
upgrade advice for end users
- From: fschmidt <fschmidt at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:49:14 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: upgrade advice for end users
Having just suffered through a cygwin upgrade, I would like to let other end
users know what they need to do to get cygwin to work.
1. Create a new Windows System Environment variable called "SHELLOPTS" and
set it to "igncr". This makes bash handle CR/LF correctly.
2. Replace /bin/make.exe with http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe .
The new version of make can't handle colons, so replace the new version with
an old make that can handle colons.
I sincerely hope that either cygwin changes direction to be more Windows
friendly, or that a cygwin fork is started in this direction.
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/upgrade-advice-for-end-users-tf2928848.html#a8188447
Sent from the Cygwin Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html