This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-unicode-X-7.7-6, rxvt-unicode-common-7.7-6
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:20:01 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-unicode-X-7.7-6, rxvt-unicode-common-7.7-6
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
rxvt-unicode is clone of the familiar rxvt terminal emulator, that
supports partially supports unicode, with a lot of caveats.
So why bother? See original announcement at
Changes since 7.7-5:
* Includes updated patch from Thomas Wolff for partial unicode support
on cygwin. unicode input is now possible in UTF-8 compliant
applications, such as mined.
* Better documentation on how to set up your system for UTF-8
* Now built with --enable-xim (but don't get your hopes up. It was
simply necessary for rxvt-unicode to work properly, even though
there are (very few? none?) existing XIM servers ported to cygwin.)
* Also built with --enable-iso14755. With this support, in a UTF-8
rxvt-unicode terminal (e.g. one in which LC_CTYPE was set to a UTF-8
locale PRIOR to luanch) it is possible to enter multibyte characters
hexadecimally. Try: hold down LeftAlt+Shift, and press 2 0 a c. You
should get the Euro symbol -- assuming your using a font that has the
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html