This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
can't start sshd
- From: "Charles D. Russell" <worwor at bellsouth dot net>
- To: cygwin cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:08:21 -0600
- Subject: can't start sshd
- Reply-to: worwor at bellsouth dot net
After a clean reinstall of cygwin from the web and copying my old HOME
directory to the new installation, I can no longer start sshd. Messages
are as follows:
$ net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started.
The service did not report an error.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
$ cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.
sbin/sshd.exe is in fact present and not already running.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html