This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: having problems with getting Up and Runnign
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 21:32:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: having problems with getting Up and Runnign
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Morgan Gangwere wrote:
i have been using cygwin for some time now and found a problem.
i installed irssi with cygwin static and have now decided to run real
here is hte proccess i went through:
1. install irssi
2. use irssi
3. decide I want real cygwin
4. download and Install cygwin (setting the install path to C:\cygwin\
and the temp to C:\cygtemp\ )
4. uninstall irssi
5. attempt to use cygwin
when I run Cygwin.bat i get the following:
"Bash: Bash - command not found"
aparrently, from what i have seen is that bash runs itself in order to
check variables and to run ~/.bashrc
this is a problem apparently related to the process that i used
how do i fix this?
You're best bet? <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
A WAG is that you should re-run "setup.exe" and choose "Reinstall" for all.
If you choose to try my WAG before consulting
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, please consult it if my WAG doesn't work
out for you.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html