This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: username should be lower-case for $USER
- From: Shankar Unni <shankarunni at netscape dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:09:19 -0800
- Subject: Re: username should be lower-case for $USER
- References: <email@example.com>
TDavid Smiley wrote:
I am new to Cygwin. I noticed that the $USER environment variable has my
username in upper-case. So it is "DSMILEY".
As David said, that's because you created your username in ALL UPPERCASE
when setting up the user on Windows.
The only way to "fix" this for you would be to rename your Windows user
to have a lower-case name. (If windows allows that operation..)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html