This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Link windows DLL with Cygwin application?? Urgent!!
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Eric Lilja <mindcooler at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:41:09 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Link windows DLL with Cygwin application?? Urgent!!
- References: <loom.20070110T074522firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Eric Lilja wrote:
> RJ wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am quite new to Cygwin. I am trying to compile my linux application
> > under Cygwin running on Win XP. I need to link my application to a
> > third party DLL. I don't have the source codes for the DLL. How do i
> > do it?
> LoadLibrary()/GetProcAddress() doesn't work?
LoadLibrary is needed only for really dynamic linking. For .so-style
linking, just put the DLL on the command line, like a library (e.g.,
gcc main.o somelib.dll
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"... -- Janis Joplin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html