This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin support for shared objects (modules)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:44:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin support for shared objects (modules)
- References: <45A80DE2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 08:38:26AM +1000, Casey wrote:
>InspIRCd has replied back -- InspIRCd need the ability to use dlopen and
>dlclose and the method on cygwin for accessing it doesn't work properly
>at current for InspIRCd and just segfaults.
>I was wondering if cygwin will have the support for this coming up?
Cygwin supports dlopen and dlclose and has for a long long time.
If something is segfaulting it needs to be debugged. Pointing fingers
at Cygwin and saying "It's their fault", while it may well be true, is
not going to get the problem fixed.
So, unless you or someone wants to do some debugging of the problem
there is no chance that the problem will be fixed whether it is in
Cygwin or InspIRCd.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html