This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Python/PIL TCL/TK fork rebase solution
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:09:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Python/PIL TCL/TK fork rebase solution
- References: <03de01c7399f$b32247a0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Dave Korn wrote:
> We probably still would. First, the hash might collide and put two dlls in
> the same slot, and second, any dll greater than 1Mb overlaps into the next
> hash slot.
Well, if we found either of those things happening I think the logical
choice would be to robustify the hashing code in ld to try to avoid it
rather than fall back to running rebaseall again, but I take your point.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html