This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem open(...) serial port /dev/com20 and tcgetattr(...)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:47:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem open(...) serial port /dev/com20 and tcgetattr(...)
- References: <45ADF0D2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 17 10:48, Stan Pinte wrote:
> accessing serial port under cygwin, with ids above 10 is broken:
> Using "/dev/com20" results in a "No such file or directory" error.
Try the more POSIXy "/dev/ttyS19" instead. /dev/ttyS0 == /dev/com1
This is supposed to be supported up to /dev/ttyS63.
> The following post:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/1999-12/msg00323.html says I should use
> "\\\\.\\com20" instead of "/dev/com20". If I do that, the call to open(...) succeed,
> but the call to tcgetattr raises a "Inappropriate ioctl for device" error.
This posting is 7(!) years old. Things have changed in the meantime.
Don't use the Windows notation "\\.\comXX". It's not supported.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html