This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: trouble with bash / if in recent release / update ?
- From: Daniel Brockman <dan at spicetrader dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:18:12 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: trouble with bash / if in recent release / update ?
- References: <loom.20070129T181002firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tim Hanson <t.hanson <at> faz.de> writes:
> i'd be grateful for pointers. (or advice on how to provide more clues.)
I found this in the archive...
From: Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net>
Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-3.2.9-11
Date: 2007-01-27 16:30:22 GMT (2 days, 14 hours and 41 minutes ago)
4a. For a single affected script, add this line just after the she-bang:
(set -o igncr) 2>/dev/null && set -o igncr; # comment is needed
4b. For a single script, invoke bash explicitly with the shopt, as in
'bash -o igncr ./myscript' rather than the simpler './myscript'.
The value of the latest enhancement isn't immediately apparent to me.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html