This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug with cat and backticks?
- From: Norton Allen <allen at huarp dot harvard dot edu>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- Cc: cygwin list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:19:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: bug with cat and backticks?
- References: <45BEB4C5.email@example.com> <45BEC1C2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Blake wrote:
OK... Note that 'I' am not doing this. This is part of the apachectl
script, and sticking | d2u in there isn't a very portable solution.
Perhaps I should just adjust mount points so /var/run is a binary mount
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Norton Allen on 1/29/2007 8:00 PM:
PID=`cat $PIDFILE`No, this is a text mount:
That's the answer. You are creating PIDFILE with \r\n line endings, but
cat always reads in binary mode.
Try PID=`cat $PIDFILE | d2u` instead. Or try using the igncr shell option.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html