Re: Using the snapshot 20070214

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> The gold old libg.a problem.  Remove libg.a and create a symlink
> libg.a -> libcygwin.a.

After the correction, I can build Emacs-CVS and the build works fine,
thanks a lot.

In any case I observe a problem that I already flagged some time ago (Oct
23, 2006) when one of the first 1.7.0 snapshot was released: XDVI does not
display EPS figure in DVI file. This happens only with snapshot and not
with 1.5.24-2.

I have also added a simple test case that should reproduce the problem:

   latex test_case.tex
   latex test_case.tex

   xdvi test_case.dvi &

Only an empty box is shown.

When one uses my_result.dvi with YAP (from MiKTeX) or with
xdvi+Cygwin-1.5.24 the figure (a rectangle with an angle) is displayed.

Using xdvi+Cygwin+snapshot-1.7.0s only an empty box is shown (the figure
is not loaded).

   Angelo.