bash scripts failing on xp64

OS: Windows XP 64
Cygwin Version: 1.5.24-2

I'm finding that my install of cygwin will run interactive scripts just
fine, but won't run them from a file.  For example, here is a script in
f:/temp/foo:

$ cat f:/temp/foo
echo "X"
for i in *
do
echo $i
done

It fails if I try to source it:

$ . f:/temp/foo
'ash: f:/temp/foo: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'ash: f:/temp/foo: line 3: `do

But if I paste it directly into the shell window its fine:
$ echo "X"
$ for i in *
> do
> echo $i
> done
AUTOEXEC.BAT
CONFIG.SYS
Config.Msi
Documents and Settings
IO.SYS
MSDOS.SYS
NTDETECT.COM
[...]

I've re-installed cygwin, but no avail.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
John