Re: script problem

Asher Vilensky wrote:
I'm running my Xcygwin on Windows XP. I have an xterm open automatically when I start the machine. The problem is when I'm shutting the machine down. It's giving me the window of "end program now". I think it's waiting for XWin to die. I can see a message about it in the title bar of the "End Now" dialog box. When I look at the task manager I can see XWin.exe running. The question is how to cause this program to die when I order the
machine to shutdown.
Stop XWin.exe? =-O

Just out of curiosity, why are you running a heavy process like X just to run an xterm? Why not instead use something like Cygwin's rxvt (not normally installed by default) which is a lot like xterm but does not require a heavy X server to run?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.