Re: script problem

On 3/2/07, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
On 3/2/07, Asher Vilensky  wrote:
> Ok, good point.  You convinced me.  Gone is X.
> One annoying thing I've noticed is that the backspace button doesn't
> work in vi.  It produces '^?' character.  Can somebody remind me how to
> set this right in .vimrc or whatever?  I've been away from Unix/Linux
> for a while.
> Any other rxvt tips would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

check your /usr/share/vim/vimrc file for these:

set nocompatible        " Use Vim defaults instead of 100% vi compatibility
set backspace=indent,eol,start  " more powerful backspacing

or just stick a .vimrc in your home directory with these two lines

That might help.

-Jason

Forgot something. You probably don't have a /usr/share/vim/vimrc file.

Do this to get a .vimrc file in your home directory:

cp /usr/share/vim/vim70/vimrc_example.vim ~/.vimrc