Re: Problems with ssh-host-config using cyginw installed on samba share

"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> I installed my Cygwin on a samba share and found that ssh-host-config
>> didn't work.  Specifically, I got the message "/usr/bin/awk: No such
>> file or directory".  Yes, I had awk installed and available at
>> /usr/bin/awk.  It was even a binary and not a symlink.
>>
>> I tried reinstalling twice.  Then I finally wiped that installation
>> and installed to C:\cygwin; everything works now.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem, or, failing that, is there
>> a way to seamlessly relocate my cygwin to the network share?
>

> My WAG

WAG?  Oh <chuckle> I can "guess" what that means ;-)

> based on available information is smbntsec.  See the User's Guide:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>

Thanks.

Hmm, now I'm really wondering whether this is a lost cause, since when
you log in the network shares aren't available until you "net use"
them... now that I have everything working on C:\ the experimentation
will have to wait until I get some free time.

Thanks again,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting