Re: garbage in man output

On 3/1/2007 3:13 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
...man pages are all coming out with formatting commands
rendered as garbage text.  For example, the output of 'man ls' starts out
with

ESC[1mNAMEESC[0m
       ls - list directory contents

where the 'ESC' strings are rendered in inverse video. The first line is
supposed to render 'NAME' in bold face.

All of my man pages are so full of this stuff as to be close to unreadable.
Can someone tell me what's causing it, and how I can fix it?
See http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-11/msg00745.html . The solution there worked for me.