Re: Strange message from updatedb

I'll need more details if you expect me to help resolve that crash.  A
stackdump is nearly useless without compiled symbols to go along it - what
was your exact command line?  What version of find?

It wasn't meant to be a bug report for find(1), just a note of why I'd stopped investigating it. I don't know why I pasted the stacktrace. Old habits, I guess.

Here's the minimum command line which shows the original problem of trying
directories which should be pruned (taken from updatedb output originally):

% /usr/bin/find /cygdrive/c -regex
'/cygdrive/c/System.Volume.Information' -prune -o -print > test
/usr/bin/find: could not change to directory /cygdrive/c/System Volume
Information: Permission denied

Shorter regexps, like '/cygdrive/c/Sys.*', also fail to match.

Adding -D tree causes the segfault (and doesn't show helpful information for
this problem anyhow, it turns out):
% /usr/bin/find -D tree /cyg....

It's findutils 4.3.2, the latest available cygwin package.