Cron Guidance

Please let know if any guide exist for setting up the cron on Cygwin
under Windows XP. I really need a primer with examples and a guide on
tools editing the cron. My Google search gave me the start, yet I am
hoping for some tips on best practices. In addition, I need to
configure Cygwin with the cron functionality and the tools for editing
cron commands. So far, my research discovered that cron editing tools
include  lynx, curl, and crontab, which are not currently part of my
Cygwin installation. I am hoping for a better guide before running
cygwin setup and missing some key dependencies.