Re: One happy screen user

> I am using the screen test package Andrew Schulman mentioned here some 2
> weeks ago. And so far it works great for me.
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-02/msg00446.html
>
> Andrew, thanks for your work. Again, I'm not experiencing any problems
> with this build. Please consider trying to make it an official cygwin
> package.
>
> Frank

Thanks Frank, that's good news.  It's a very useful program, that people
have been asking for in Cygwin for years.

Have you noticed the problem of processes not being killed when you kill
their windows (C-a k) or the whole screen session (C-a \)?  That problem is
persistent for me, and IMO it's enough of a nuisance to keep the current
screen package from being good enough to officially release.  I don't think
it's going to be hard to solve-- we just have to send a signal to the right
child processes at the right time-- and I've made some progress at digging
through the source code to find it.  I hope to have a fix soon, and then
I'll be glad to offer up screen as an official Cygwin package.

A.