Re: Going crazy trying to compile dll

On 3/5/07, Jonas Jalminger <jonas@alkit.se> wrote:
Hi,

I have tries various solutions but nothing works. The problem is that
dlopen() never returns when called.
These are built in eclipse using managed projects where the dll is
chosen as shared library project.
If I misspell the dll-name, dlopen() returns as it should with an error
saying "not found".

Please, help!

/Jonas

My main program looks as follows:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <dlfcn.h>

#define PLUGINDIR "/plugins"

int main(int argc, char **argv) {

    void *fileHandle;
    char path[] = "./plugins/simplelibrary.dll";
    char ans[500];

fileHandle = dlopen(path, RTLD_GLOBAL);

    if (fileHandle == NULL) {
        strcpy(ans, dlerror());
        printf("%s", ans);
    }

    return 0;
}

The dll code is:
void konto(int japp) {

}

is this a new thing for you? can you get a simple example? can you place the library in the same dir? read some example code and compile it and see what happens. if _that_ code works and _your_ code doesn't work, then you know its probably you.

--
Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.