Re: st_birthtime

On Mar  6 06:00, Eric Blake wrote:

> There is currently a thread on bug-gnulib about adding GNU tool support
> for platforms that support st_birthtime in addition to st_atime, st_mtime,
> and st_ctime.  Since Windows has a notion of birthtime (in fact, since
> Windows calls their birthtime attribute a 'creation time', leading to
> several people's confusion over what ctime really means), is it worth
> cygwin 1.7 adding st_birthtime support?

I don't know if it's actually worth the effort, but it would be easily
supportable in struct stat, given that we have spare room in struct stat
of exactly the size of a timestruc_t, afaics.  But, still, does it
really make sense?  How long will it take until st_birthtime will go
into the standards, if at all?

Corinna

Red Hat