Re: Difference Between CYGIPC And CYGServer

All,

After goining through the code of shm.h and shm.c of Cygipc V1.09 that we are using,
we have noticed that in function ShmCtl we have introduced logic to do the following:

1. Detach all PIDs from the passed Shared Memory Id.
2. Detach the PID of the process calling this function from all the shared memories
    present in the system.
3. Detach all dead PIDs from the passed Shared Memory Id, if they are left unattached
    before dying.
4. Detach all dead PIDs from all the Shared Memories persent in the system, if they
    are left unattached before dying.

If we use Cygserver, can we achive these without making chages to cygserver code.
We would rather be comfortable changing our application code. Can we achieve these
by calling Shmdt function from our application?

Thanks,
Neo.