Re: 1.9.0: GDB Error: dll starting at 0x77d41000 not found.

Paolo Scaffardi wrote:
I there! I installed cygwin 1.9.0 on my WinXP Pro x64. I tried many IDE
but i always have the same problem while trying to debug my simple
"hello world" program. GDB says:

First, there is no "cygwin 1.9.0". The current version of the Cygwin package in the distribution is cygwin 1.5.24, which you have.

"Error: dll starting at 0x77d41000 not found."

I can run gdb but this is given to me when i try to run loaded
application. I tried the same running on my other WinXP Pro x32 host,
and everything goes fine.

So, it seems to be related to x64.

Perhaps.

Now, i cannot imagine none else is working with this 64bit operating
system... so, how can i fix this problem?

Others are using 64bit just fine. I have an x64 machine at work. I don't have AMD though. While it's not obvious from your cygcheck output that you would be seeing the other gdb (or any of it's parts) that you have installed when running from within the Cygwin environment, I'd recommend making sure that this is indeed the case. Mixing and matching tools from different environments is a recipe for trouble.

Holliston, MA 01746