Re: Making sftp and ssh work on cygwin

Could the problem be the ssh protocol? I just tried using the sftp and ssh commands that come with the installation of the ssh client I use, which are ssh2, and they worked fine on command line in cygwin.

Regards,

Marielle

Marielle Fois wrote:
Andrew Schulman wrote:
Andrew Schulman wrote:
Try adding -v or -vv to get some information about the protocol exchange,
and where it's stopping. You can probably also get some information from
the ssh server logs.
Thanks for your quick answer, Andrew. I didn't get more information with ssh or sftp using -v or -vv. I've also looked for logs under cygwin root directory, but found none. Would you have any idea where these logs are usually stored?

So you run sftp -vv user@host and get back... nothing? That's odd. Maybe a
local firewall problem, so you can't even connect to the remote host?

I get back nothing, exactly. I tried disabling the Windows firewall, but no change. I checked the sshd log in the remote host, and there is no output at all when I try to connect through sftp or ssh. Btw, the sshd is running on a Linux machine.

I can connect to a remote host from my machine using an ssh client and with the firewall enabled. The communication is tunneled via vpn. Does this information help?

-- Marielle Fois Buongiorno SpA, www.buongiorno.com ph: +34 911 415 100, skype: marielle.fois