RE: Making sftp and ssh work on cygwin

On 07 March 2007 17:17, Marielle Fois wrote:

> Andrew Schulman wrote:

>> So you run sftp -vv user@host and get back... nothing?  That's odd.  Maybe
>> a local firewall problem, so you can't even connect to the remote host?
>>

> I get back nothing, exactly. I tried disabling the Windows firewall, but
> no change. I checked the sshd log in the remote host, and there is no
> output at all when I try to connect through sftp or ssh. Btw, the sshd
> is running on a Linux machine.
>
> I can connect to a remote host from my machine using an ssh client and
> with the firewall enabled. The communication is tunneled via vpn. Does
> this information help?

  Quite possibly.  What kind of VPN client software are you using?  They have
been known to interfere with cygwin apps in the past.

  The other possibility is that there's a vital dll missing from your install.
Please run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" and then send the cygcheck.out
file to the list  - *as an attachment please* - with your next post.

    cheers,
      DaveK