setup.exe crashes on WinXP SP2

Hello,
        I'm trying to install cygwin(using the version of setup.exe
on cygwin homepage) on my Intel P4(Prescott) with Windows XP SP2 and
256+512 MB RAM.
         I've wgetted the entire cygwin release from
mirrors.kernel.org and stored it on my (USB) hdd.When i select
'install from local directory' in setup.exe,it goes till asking where
the packages should be stored and crashes when i click next. I
then,have to kill setup using task manager. I have zonealarm
installed,i tried setup after totally shutting down ZA but still it
failed.
Is there a log written by setup ? or some option to be verbose ?
Should i try using a older version of setup.exe ?
Any pointers ? suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pranav