Re: ssh-host-config on w2k

Yohann Rebattu wrote:
hello
i'm trying to run sshd as service on w2k but, when i'm running
ssh-host-config, sshd doesn't ask me if i want to run sshd as a service
as it does when i install it on a w2k3 server.
so after that i get the fallowing error runing

cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService: Win32 error 2:
Le fichier spécifié est introuvable (which mean couldn' find specified
file)

or cygrunsrv -S sshd.exe
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: OpenService: Win32 error 1060:
Le service spécifié n'existe pas en tant que service installé
(mean specified service doesn't exist as installed service)

I precise
- i did run all these command using W2k in Terminal Server because i
can't physicly go to the server.
- i did install cygwin on e:\ instead of c:\ because no more space left
on c:\
- i did add in windows path e:\cygwin;e:\cygwin\bin (but it doesnt
change anything)
- Neither sshd nor sshd_server user have been created.
- running /usr/sbin/sshd works fine, but of course as soon as a quit the
session sshd stops.

i hope you can help me.

Two things:

  1. Do you have permission to install a service through the Terminal
     Server?  Sounds like you don't.

  2. If you ran it from the command line as you rather than SYSTEM, you'll
     likely find that permissions of various log and support files will now
     have the wrong permissions.  You'll need to clean these up before the
     service will run correctly.  Of course, this is all predicated on (1).

Holliston, MA 01746