Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-4.6p1-1: Problems!

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> > I suggest to take the opportunity to switch to protocol 2 which is
> > the better and safer protocol anyway.
>
> I have tried, but :
>
> $ ssh -2 graziosi@hostname
> Protocol major versions differ: 2 vs. 1
>
> (openssh-4.5p1-1 with -2 gives the some result)

What kind of backwater system is this that doesn't have support for SSH
v2?  Version 2 has been the default for many, many years, and version 1
is very deprecated/insecure/etc.  Normally you shouldn't even have to
specify the version, as the client should negotiate it with the server.

Brian