a better socketpair

Hi all,

I did my first bit of coding on win32 last month, and was disgusted
to find no socketpair.  Cygwin's socketpair (at least the version I
found) seems to use _pipe underneath, which as I understand it is not
suitable as an argument to select().  So, I wrote my own:

  http://cantrip.org/socketpair.c

which as you may observe is licensed compatibly with cygwin.

Use it if you like, with whatever argument-list changes it needs to
conform to POSIX.  (Apparently AF_LOCAL/PF_LOCAL, normally passed to
socketpair, isn't defined in win32, but I presume cygwin can supply
that.)

I'm not subscribed to this list, so copy to me anything you think
I should see.  I would welcome notes hinting at which release of
cygwin this gets installed in, if any (e.g. "I put it in today")
and any problems encountered.

Nathan Myers
ncm@cantrip.org