Re: setup.exe crashes on WinXP SP2

>> Also, i could not find the setup.ini file ?
>> is it a requirement for setup.exe to run ?

I don't really know why you didn't get setup.ini along with setup.exe and release/ when you ran wget. It should be colocated with the file setup.exe and the directory release/.

It is not a requirement for setup.exe to run* but I suspect it might be a requirement for setup.exe to run properly.

* I would have said it was needed for setup.exe to run at all, but actually I've just tried setup.exe without setup.ini and indeed some mammoth installation started. I don't know whether I would have ended up with a Base installation or a Full installation or something in between or something workable or not.

But one thing I did not do was "crash". What do you actually mean by this word? Sometimes at the start of installation there are long pauses where nothing seems to be happening, not even disk spinning.

> The dir where i've stored the release has not yet come into
> picture.

I got this immediately, no problem.

Fergus