Re: setup.exe crashes on WinXP SP2

(kindly find the replies inline)

On 3/9/07, fergus <fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net> wrote:
 >> Also, i could not find the setup.ini file ?
 >> is it a requirement for setup.exe to run ?

I don't really know why you didn't get setup.ini along with setup.exe
and release/ when you ran wget. It should be colocated with the file
setup.exe and the directory release/.

Oops.. i wgetted, starting from release/. Overlooked the setup.exe :( . Also,since the setup.exe download on the homepage does not have an ini, the thought that, i might be missing it never occurred to me.Will try with the ini.

But one thing I did not do was "crash". What do you actually mean by
this word?

By crash i mean that, as soon as i click 'Next' , a standard windows error dialog box pops up,showing me that, an error has occurred etc.. Right now i'm on linux at work,so can't paste the details.

Sometimes at the start of installation there are long pauses
where nothing seems to be happening, not even disk spinning.
Its not that the setup is 'hung'; it fails.

Ready to post any other logs/system configuration if required...

TIA.

Best regards,
Pranav