Re: /dev/null timing and clock skew problems

Aaron Gray writes:

> > The #if statement starting on that line is just for the three second
> > clearance. I use it on a local build of Make and it seems to work
> > well.
>
> The "<file> has modification time 0.0096 s in the future" were harmless.
>
> But the "Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete." can possibly
> indicate an incomplete build.
> This seems to be a problem on my slower machine XP, but not on my newer
> Vista one.
>
> Were you getting clock skew problems too ?

Yes, but they were caused by the imprecise file times (which triggers the clock
skew message), as I was building on a FAT32 partition. Enabling the code in the
#if statement fixed the file time issue, which only happened for files that were
created during the build.

  Magnus