Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-4.3.2-3

Hello,

I use cygwin at work, for our build chains, and I do not
upgrade often, but the last batch I did some days ago
broke our process. A 'find' done inside a Makefile is not
working properly any more, failing with the following
error message:

[...]
find D:/Tmp -depth -type d -name 'DISK?' -exec mv "{}" en \;
find: could not change to directory D:/Tmp/Product Configuration
1/DiskImages/DISK1: No such file or directory
[...]

I tried removing '-depth' option, same result...

whereas when changing that command line to use 'oldfind',
as specified in you announcement, it worked as it did before...

I put an 'ls -lR' command just before the failing 'find', and the
directory is present...

/bin/ls -lR D:/Tmp
[...]
D:/Tmp/Product Configuration 1/Release1/DiskImages/DISK1:
total 21985
-rwxr-xr-x 1 build None  262144 Mar  9 11:18 test.txt
[...]

I looked at setup.log, and found that I went from:
4.2.25-2 (2005/11/18)
straight to:
4.3.2-3 (2007/03/05)
so I expected something to break somewhere... ;-)

How long will 'oldfind' still be kept for compatibility ?

Maybe you should keep the old directory traversal
algorithm available with a command-line switch...

Or may I be of any help to make the new one work ?
Maybe some testing if you need it...

Thanks for all your work.

--
Vincent Legoll