Re: Spurious [ANNOUNCEMENT]s

--On Friday, March 09, 2007 09:26:13 -0500 Norton Allen wrote:

These spurious [ANNOUNCEMENT] subjects seem to be popping up from a
number of people. It seems unlikely that they are all doing this
intentionally (though I agree the quoting must be a mailer problem.) I
wonder if there isn't some way the cygwin.com mailman installation
sometimes gets confused and modifies the subject line.

Oliver, I don't suppose you have a copy of one of your messages in your
Sent folder that you could send along with full headers to show that it
didn't have an [ANNOUNCEMENT] subject when it left your machine?

It looks to me as if they are happening on messages sent via the nabble forum. For example,
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-03/msg00286.html> has this at the end:

Sent from the Cygwin Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

If you follow that link the message does not have the [ANNOUNCEMENT] in the subject when displayed there.

--
Owen Rees
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK