Re: sshd: can't mount samba shares

on Wed Mar 07 2007, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> on Wed Mar 07 2007, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-AT-cygwin.com> wrote:

>>> Do you think it might be possible for us to determine the differences
>>> between your XP32 setup and mine?  I really need to be able to invoke
>>> commands remotely on my XP32 machine (with mounted network shares).
>>
>> I don't know how.  I have a very basic setup.  You might have to
>> figure out why the access is denied.  It could have something to do
>> with your server settings.
>
> Yes, I think it might.  I'm also having a hard time accessing samba
> directly from the XP32 machine when running cygwin tools, it turns
> out.  Cygwin tools can read files on the share, but not write
> them... sometimes.

I don't think that's the problem.  I set up a (non-cygwin) NFS client
on my windows machine, and it has exactly the same problem when I try
to mount NFS shares from a cygwin ssh session, even reporting the
error as a result of .  I am certain this is a
cygwin/XP permissions interaction.

Corinna, if you indeed have a very basic setup, it should be very easy
to find out where my setup differs.  I sure would appreciate it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting