RE: GCC doesn't create an executable

Dave Korn wrote:

>   That's very odd, it should at least have spit out some text.  How about
> something simpler: does "/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/cc1plus.exe
> --help"
> produce any output at all?

None.

>   Hmm, it's unusual that you haven't got the top-level 'gcc' package
> installed, although I don't see how that could cause this effect.  It
> couldn't
> hurt to re-run setup.exe, and add the plain 'gcc' package to your
> installation.  If that fixes the problem, it means we have a missing
> dependency somewhere.

$ cygcheck -c gcc gcc-core gcc-g++
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
gcc                  3.4.4-3        OK
gcc-core             3.4.4-3        OK
gcc-g++              3.4.4-3        OK

>   However, I think it probably won't make the difference, so we'd better
> take
> a look over your system: please run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" and
> then send the cygcheck.out file as an *attachment* to your next post.

Done.
http://www.nabble.com/file/7076/cygcheck.out cygcheck.out

>   Also, do you have any of Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus, Logitech
> webcam
> software, Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall, LanDesk, or
> Windows
> Defender installed?

No, none of those.