Re: Problem with ruby and cygssl-0.9.8.dll

Larry Hall Wrote:

> You are right.  I should have said this is the right solution
> when you have these kinds of problems.  The alternate solution
> mentioned by Brian is done at the package level and will
> generally make this problem disappear transparently for packages
> that use it.  It must be implemented on a package by package
> basis and  eventually all packages that come from the Cygwin
> distribution will use this.  This won't replace the need for
> 'rebaseall' though.  It will just mitigate it (with some
> significance), at least for those packages that come as part of
> the distribution.

OK, thanks.  But if you've used rebaseall once, won't you have to always
rebase again any time you update cygwin?  That is, if rebaseall arranges
each image base in a contiguous block, then you need to rearrange them
any time you add/change a dll.  This is because you've created a
"custom" image base location for each of your images, and
--enable-auto-image-base doesn't help.

Or am I wrong about this?

Thanks again,
Geoff