Re: sshd: can't mount samba shares

on Mon Mar 12 2007, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-AT-cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Mar  9 12:42, David Abrahams wrote:
>> Corinna, if you indeed have a very basic setup, it should be very easy
>> to find out where my setup differs.  I sure would appreciate it.
>
> Well, if you can tell me what parameter I should look for, I can tell
> you my setting.

Well, I'm not really sure what to look for either, but let's start
with the environment.  When you ssh into your XP32 machine and do

    set | grep USER

what do you see?  I see

  ALLUSERSPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users'
  USER=dave
  USERDOMAIN='NT AUTHORITY'
  USERNAME=SYSTEM
  USERPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\dave'

So it appears XP thinks I"m the local system user.  From what I've
read, the local system user doesn't have permission to "net use"
anything.  A cygwin shell launched directly under XP32 reports:

  ALLUSERSPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users'
  USER=dave
  USERDOMAIN=HYDRA-XP
  USERNAME=dave
  USERPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\dave'

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting