Re: sshd: can't mount samba shares

on Tue Mar 13 2007, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> on Mon Mar 12 2007, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-AT-cygwin.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar  9 12:42, David Abrahams wrote:
>>> Corinna, if you indeed have a very basic setup, it should be very easy
>>> to find out where my setup differs.  I sure would appreciate it.
>>
>> Well, if you can tell me what parameter I should look for, I can tell
>> you my setting.
>
> Well, I'm not really sure what to look for either, but let's start
> with the environment.  When you ssh into your XP32 machine and do
>
>     set | grep USER
>
> what do you see?  I see
>
>   ALLUSERSPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users'
>   USER=dave
>   USERDOMAIN='NT AUTHORITY'
>   USERNAME=SYSTEM
>   USERPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\dave'
>
> So it appears XP thinks I"m the local system user.  From what I've
> read, the local system user doesn't have permission to "net use"
> anything.  A cygwin shell launched directly under XP32 reports:
>
>   ALLUSERSPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users'
>   USER=dave
>   USERDOMAIN=HYDRA-XP
>   USERNAME=dave
>   USERPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\dave'

Also, what do you get from

  net config workstation

?  For me it's:

  System error 1312 has occurred.

  A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

Note also that I don't have a domain; my winoze boxes are just members
of a workgroup.  I don't really know the difference (pointers
appreciated), but if you think it would help I could try to establish
a domain.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting