Re: sshd: can't mount samba shares

On Mar 13 09:53, David Abrahams wrote:
> on Tue Mar 13 2007, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> >   ALLUSERSPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users'
> >   USER=dave
> >   USERDOMAIN='NT AUTHORITY'
> >   USERNAME=SYSTEM
> >   USERPROFILE='C:\Documents and Settings\dave'
> >
> > So it appears XP thinks I"m the local system user.  From what I've

That's normal for passwordless login for now, and has been discussed
a lot on this list already.  If you need a valid logon session, you
must use password authentication.

> Also, what do you get from
>
>   net config workstation
>
> ?  For me it's:
>
>   System error 1312 has occurred.
>
>   A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

Same here.  The user processes are running in the same logon session
as the user starting the sshd service, which is the local SYSTEM account.

Which reminds me... what you could try is this:  Have a look into the
/bin/ssh-host-config script and create a user sshd_server the same way
as that script does on Windows 2K3 and newer.  The simplest way would
be to remove the sshd service entirely (cygrunsrv -E sshd) and to tweak
the ssh-host-config script so that it treats XP the same way as 2K3
(change line 115 to test for "5.1" instead of "5.2").  Then use
ssh-host-config again to install the sshd service and let it create
the sshd_server user account the same way as it did on your XP 64
machine.  You will still see the wrong USERDOMAIN and USERNAME values
when using passwordless login, but you're running in a valid normal
logon session.  Maybe that helps.

Corinna

Red Hat