Re: sshd: can't mount samba shares

on Tue Mar 13 2007, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-AT-cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Mar 13 12:51, David Abrahams wrote:
>> on Tue Mar 13 2007, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-AT-cygwin.com> wrote:
>> > You will still see the wrong USERDOMAIN and USERNAME values
>> > when using passwordless login, but you're running in a valid normal
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> > logon session.  Maybe that helps.
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Works!  Why do you suppose that is?
>
> See above.  Other than that, it's Windows.

Unfortunately, it only sorta seems to work.  I can mount the share,
but later I get odd permissions problems.  One of the oddest things
I've seen is that g++ reports permission denied on a header file
#included from another header in the same directory, with the same
permissions, all part of the same cygwin installation... and now, just
to make it weirder, I'm unable to reproduce that one.

Oh, and then there's the problem of zombie processes, which I think is
going to be a deal-breaker.  It eventually causes my Windows VM to
increase its virtual memory area.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting