RE: Accessing remote PC (ssh?)

On 15 March 2007 18:05, Charles D. Russell wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
> **as an attachment please**
>
> __________________________
>
> I tried, really.  Before sending, I looked through the Thunderbird options
> to see if there was an option to send attachments in-line, and couldn't
> find one. But it must be there somewhere, unintentionally set.

  Bizarre.  I received it as an attachment, but the archive shows it inline.
How odd.

  Anyway it doesn't show anything very unusual.  Now I'm wondering if maybe
your windoze version of ping is getting the namelookup using netbios and the
cygwin resolver isn't aware of that sort of things.  Let's see: please run
"nslookup" at the command line.  When you see the prompt, enter the following
lines one at a time:

set type=ANY
set debug
set d2
sony06
exit

... and let's take a look at the output from that.  It might tell us
something.  (It might not, but I think it's the next thing to try, anyway).

    cheers,
      DaveK