Re: Accessing remote PC (ssh?)

On 3/15/07, Charles D. Russell wrote:
* "Larry Hall wrote:

.ssh/known_hosts on dell03 contains explicit IP addresses for both dell03 and sony06 that are no longer current.

Move this file out of the way and try ssh again.

Success! That's all it took.

I suppose I'll have to repeat this every time DHCP changes the IP addresses.

What little I know about networking makes me fear blundering into a morass if I depart much from the default installation scripts. Also, my existing DHCP configuration works with Knoppix and other linux live disks. So I think I'll stick with DHCP.

--

If it's your DHCP, just make sure the lease expiration is long enough so that your systems won't lose their IP if they are shut-down for a period of time.

Also, if a system ever picks up the IP of another system you have
SSH'd in to, you will get an error about the keys not matching and you
will not be able to connect.

You will have to edit your known_hosts and take out the offender.