Re: NEWBIE

Curt wrote:
Did you happen to notice that this "workaround" is 3.5 years old?  The
ssh-host-config script has since been augmented to work OOTB on 2003.

Please describe precisely the steps you took, the results you got, and
what exactly doesn't work in your setup.  You might also want to review

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

and provide the information requested there (in particular, the output of "cygcheck -svr" on your system as an uncompressed text attachment). Without this information, we cannot really help. Igor

Sorry did not see that post was so old, but it was the only relavent post I could find pertaining to my problem.

I used the latest version of cygwin as of 3-14-07 and I followed these very nice instructions:
http://www.netadmintools.com/art516.html

Sorry, I stopped paying much attention to the details you sent after you mentioned that you followed external sources of information (like the one above) to set this up. ;-) This list doesn't support configurations as recommended by every Joe out there that installed Cygwin once and decided to post his own steps to get it working. If you want to use one of those sites for information, we can't stop you but you'll need to direct questions you have about the problems you run into to those sites rather than here.

From what I can tell, you only ran ssh-host-config and not ssh-user-config.
If you follow the prescribed instructions from
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README, you'll likely have better luck.  You
may find, however, that you've sufficiently messed up your configuration
that it's easier to start over from scratch (i.e. a complete reinstall of
Cygwin in a clean directory tree).

Holliston, MA 01746