Re: Accessing remote PC (ssh?)

On 03/15/2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Um, what are the chances this router even *does* dns resolution? Remember, for it to do DNS resolution means it has a full DNS server in it and that it allows adding DNS entries for the local network (however it resolves that!) and also that Charles has set this up, and that it works with DHCP... um, which means that it is somehow dynamic updating based on the MAC address, and...

> ...what is the likelihood that a $50 piece of hardware does all this?

I wasn't suggesting that his router did DNS. Only that he should tell his machine to make sure the router is the first hop on the DNS path. That's what I do and I have no problems. And I have a <$50 wireless router I bought years ago now.

In any case, I think that Charles has already said he's not interested in
tinkering with routers and so on to resolve this apparent conflict on his
end, so I expect further commentary on what he could do is not likely to
be useful to anyone.

Holliston, MA 01746