Re: scp doesn't copy - neither returns an error message

Thomas Wiedmann wrote:
Hello,

when I tried to copy a file from a remote PC, where Suse Linux is installed, to my local PC, where Windows XP prof. is installed (and there ssh and scp on the directory C:\Programme\OpenSSH\bin\), according to the pattern
scp user@ip:/dir/test.txt D:\test.txt ("user", "ip" and "dir" are values, changed for this newsgroup ...),

the file test.txt was not copied, but neither any error message was returned.

If I call the statement with the verbose option -vvv: scp -vvv user@ip:/dir/test.txt D:\test.txt

additionally I get the message
Executing: /usr/bin/ssh -v -x -o'ClearAllForwardings yes' -n -l user ip scp -v /dir/test/test.txt 'D:\test.txt'

without copying the file test.txt.

You'll experience less troubles with Cygwin tools if you use Posix-style
paths ('/' rather than '\' and use '/cygdrive/<drive>' for drive names as
required).

In the log file C:\Programme\OpenSSH\var\log\OpenSSHd.log
there is for every attempt an entry
18501265 [main] sshd 580 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed,
0x3DB000..0x3DC200, done 0, windows pid 2892, Win32 error 487

1) What could be the reason for this behaviour and how can this problem beresolved, so that the scp command works ?
2) Which prerequisites must be met, that copying with scp works?

<snip>

Looks like you have a rebase problem.  Interesting that you see it with
'ssh'.  Anyway, install the rebase package, read its README in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin, and run 'rebaseall' as outlined there.

Holliston, MA 01746