Re: Using cygwin1.dbg

Brian Dessent wrote:

This is just a bug in insight.  It has existed for some time.  There is
code in gdb to supress these errors when loading the debug file, but
when running under insight the plumbing for messages is different and so
they get displayed.  I've been meaning to look into this for quite some
time but it's just an annoyance so I never got around to it.

Err, ok. But shouldn't I be able to do source-level debugging, rather than asm-only? (That is one difference between using cygwin1.dll alone, and with cygwin1.dbg: in the former case, cygwin calls are simply stepped over, even in I try to step into. In the latter case, I can step into, but I get asm not source)

Hmmm--I just thought of something: do I need to replicate the source code path structure in the .dbg file:

/ext/build/netrel/src/cygwin-1.5.24-2/...

perhaps by using a symlink, pointing to the location that setup.exe actually unpacked cygwin-1.5.24-2-src.tar.bz2?

/usr/src/cygwin-1.5.24-2/...

Yep, that works. I vaguely recall something in the gdb docs about overriding src paths, so that'll probably work too if I drag out TFM and actually R it.

--
Chuck